Championing excellence in African music, the 5th Annual AFRIMA Awards, are now open for submission to celebrate another tremendous year in African music.
The call for entries was preceded by a media unveiling in Accra, Ghana attended by African music royalty and the president of Ghana himself Nana Akufo-Addo.
Check out the full events calendar here
The All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA 2018 is officially open for entries from Artistes, Songwriters, Music/Entertainment Journalists, Video Directors, Music Producers, DJs, Dancers from across the African continent and Diaspora. The AFRIMA awards is celebrating excellence in musical artistry in Africa and the Diaspora, featuring 36 categories across the five regions of Africa and music genre, with a reward of 23.9 carat gold AFRIMA plated trophy.
The Guidelines / Eligibility / Requirements for the 2018 All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA Entry Submission:
- Entries open from May 25, 2018 and close on Aug 1st, 2018.
- Eligibility: Music professionals of African origin living either on the continent or abroad are eligible. The award is open to Artistes, Songwriters, Video Directors, Music Producers as well as unrecorded artistes.
- Entries submitted through email to any AFRIMA email address WILL NOT be considered.
- Artistes / producers / directors / journalists / songwriters must submit their works digitally via AFRIMA website on Afrima2018callforentry, and stay updated from the AFRIMA social channels Twitter, Instagram @AFRIMAWARDS or Facebook: www.facebook.com/afrima Youtube: www.youtube.com/afrima
- It is strongly advised that you submit your work (s) via online submission, the Entry Registration Form must be carefully and accurately completed and submitted including the relevant URL links for the digital version of the artistic work/writing in the space provided. Forms can be filled in English and French.
- African artistes must upload and submit their audio or video entry using download links to YouTube or SoundCloud platforms to qualify for nomination in award categories relevant to their artistic work.
- Works to be submitted must be produced in the year under review i.e. August 1, 2017, to August 1st, 2018.